CBK International Inc. (CBK) warrants that at the time of sale, our products will be free of defects in material and workmanship for a period of 12 months or 15,000 km, whichever comes first. But this warranty does not apply to Oil Filters and does not cover the commercial application vehicles. This warranty is limited to the parts replacement or the same value credit,
any labor claim will not be accepted unless approved by CBK or CBK Vendors
CBK will not process warranty claims for the following situations:
1. Products that cannot be identified as CBK products. We check all returned products before issuing credits
2. Damage caused by using the wrong parts or improper installation
Returns1. Please fill our RMA form before returns. Returns without RMA form will not be accepted.
2. All return items will be credited under drop ship price first if customer had drop ship order for it.
3. All returns are subject to a 15% restocking charge unless waived by CBK. Any products required repackaging will be subject to a 15% of repacking fee.
4. All returns must be shipped as freight pre-paid and must be in resalable conditions.
5. An annual stock return less than 5% of annual purchase will not be charged the restocking fee.
6. All annual stock returns must be approved by CBK before return.
7. No returns will be accepted after 2 years from the purchase date.
8. No returns will be accepted for parts that CBK or CBK Vendors have discontinued for more than 3 months
Shortage and Damage ClaimsAll shipping shortage and damage claims must be reported to CBK within 2 business days after receiving the shipment. Overdue claims are not acceptable
CBK AC Compressor Warranty Details
Warranty SummaryThe warranty for compressors will be denied if the following conditions are not followed:
- The accumulator/filter drier and the expansion device (orifice tube, liquid line containing the orifice tube, peanut valve, or block valve) must be replaced at the same time as the compressor
- Inspected compressor clutch for proper air gap before installation (refer to OEM or compressor manufacturer’s specifications)
- Used only approved oil (PAG or ester oil for R134a and mineral oil for R12) and amount of oil should be inserted through the suction port of the compressor or oil plug. With the use of a spanner wrench turn the compressor shaft (not the clutch pulley) 10 to 15 times, this will help to properly distribute the oil throughout the compressor and prevent hydraulic lockup
- Inspected compressor drive belt for proper adjustment and/or wear and repair as needed.
- Inspected evaporator, condenser, radiator, and charge air cooler for proper airflow and repair as needed. The technician may need to replace the condenser in specific applications.
- Inspected a/c system for leaks using nitrogen and repair as needed.
- The A/C system must be held under vacuum for a minimum of 45 minutes and/or 1000 microns
- Charged a/c system with proper refrigerant (R134a or R12) and proper amount (refer to vehicle specifications)
- Inspected fan clutch or electric fan assemblies for proper operation and replaced if needed.
- Inspected compressor clutch electrical circuit for proper voltage and repaired if needed
- Inspected all pressure switches for proper operation and replaced if needed.
- The use of stop leak products will void the warranty.
- All compressor defects must show proof of purchase of an Orifice Tube/Expansion Valve, Drier, and Approved A/C System Flush or a Work Order showing the purchase of these items and that the system was flushed using approved procedures.